The yellow, turn-of-the-century Victorian Inn has graced the shore line of Goose Rocks Beach since 1899. Guest records dating back to 1900 reveal a multi-generational history of visitors to the great state of Maine and glorious Goose Rocks Beach. Originally owned by Emma Foss, the “Tides” as she is known to the locals, is the only public gathering place in Goose Rocks. For over a century, the Tides has welcomed guests in true New England style. Families retell stories of their great, great grandmother visiting the inn back in the early 1900s.
In early 1950, the Inn was owned by the Allen family and was known as “The Allen’s By The Sea”. For nearly forty years following, the Inn was owned and operated by Marie Henriksen and her daughter, Kristin. Neighbors recall seeing the pair working late into each evening as they tended to the never ending responsibilities of inn-keeping. In 2011, the inn was purchased by the Kennebunkport Resort Collection and was renovated from the top down. The Tides stands beautifully ready to welcome a new generation of guests through her doors.